Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Casablanca Tomorrow

I must have seen more varied landscapes
Flow by from the window of a bus
Than most see in their entire lives.
At night the lights and hollows hide the plainness.
In the day it is just another rut.
More signs and more shit.
The neon and the billboards speak their plight
But the near familiar gives way to unwanted newness.
I see these trees and bushes and such.
The walkways remind you of others.
But nothing is the same.
The tastes bite back.
Smiles in other tongues.
I find the low places.
The Dirt and the Danger.
I don’t know if I need to
Or if it is just a weird bit of luck.
But the fear and then the excitement
What a rush.
“You played it for her, now play it for me.”

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say hi to the HEGG for me, and don't play it too hard.

B.

December 5, 2006 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger Sugar said...

"play it for me"...how wickedly tempting honey

December 6, 2006 at 4:32 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

play it for me Rex ;-)

Keshi.

December 6, 2006 at 11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummmm...

December 7, 2006 at 10:16 AM  
Blogger {illyria} said...

i loved that, somehow. nostalgic.

December 8, 2006 at 11:44 PM  
Blogger Don said...

Man... I can't wait until you are back. Got loaded last night. Tried to get people to go down town..I'm 38 and these young people cant keep up. Or they are judgemental jerks :p

December 9, 2006 at 8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you already "played it" with me so....
anyway,
three post cards a few random calls later.....
I still can't figure out why you're keeping in touch...
when r u back? look up my land line k? Cell no worky bad bad breaky ....
your still a bastard.

December 10, 2006 at 3:41 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

W T F
u didnt tell me u r in port

December 13, 2006 at 5:17 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

i loved the shark post
u shark

December 13, 2006 at 5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home