Monday, November 20, 2006

Cartilage and Teeth.

Special moments are only so to those who feel involved.
Want to know something?
Great White Sharks are carried as eggs inside the mother, fertilized by the father using special flippers and then hatch inside the mother. There is no placenta or umbilical cord in there, so the newly hatched little sharks eat each other and any unfertilized eggs. Then the few survivors are born into the sea, ready to kill. This would explain why they are so mean! Hahah! Sharks are a very interesting creature. I could go on and on with cool shark stuff, but this main idea is that sometimes what we are is not only misunderstood, but the reasons for the properly understood traits might be deeper than we thought.
Heck.
I love sharks. They are cool. I am also sort of afraid of sharks. I had this sort of premonition that a shark would eat me. That was the way I would die. But then I joined the army and I remember thinking as we were training in a pool that, well, I might get shot but at least I will not be eaten by a shark. I felt like I had changes my destiny.
Then I switched over to the navy. And bingo. Now I spend a lot of time on the sea, and I know there are sharks around. I see the water, dark and powerful at night, and I can imagine what it would be like to be bobbing out there, in the cool embrace. And just waiting for that first nudge. Shivers. That sand paper skin sliding by you, so sleek and slinky. Unchanged for a hundred million years. Super killer. All speed and teeth. I wonder if I would have time to feel fear through the amazement and the excitement. Then the first bite. Maybe the only one, as the shark tried to decide if I tasted good enough. Just the get the blood flowing. To bleed me out. What a way to go.
In other news, all is chaotic. The worse feeling in my sheltered, safe, easy, nearly empty life is when I know I am not in the equation. When I am not in the main thoughts of those I think about. So evil. It is like some weird vampiric quality. To live off of the emotions of others. Love. Hate. Hell, it almost doesn’t matter. Just the attention. How pathetic is that?
So I wonder. And I think. And I know, as much as I know anything else, that the world has many a strange turn left to show. That is comforting. Either another brush with closeness and a few smiles which matter, or a quiet swim with some old buddies, hee hee. Whatever. I Just Want More Still.

7 Comments:

Blogger Don said...

Dude... I'm just a guy but I always wonder what yoiu are up to. I would rather hear about your adventures when you are back. However I check the blog every day.

November 20, 2006 at 9:42 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

** I had this sort of premonition that a shark would eat me

lol! U wont unless ur a deep-sea swimmer. R ya?

Keshi.

November 20, 2006 at 10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you want more than go for it!! Get more! Jump in!

November 20, 2006 at 10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some fun you have.

November 21, 2006 at 9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well ive decided when i die its going to be death by chocolate.If im going to die may as well go happy.

November 21, 2006 at 11:55 AM  
Blogger BeckEye said...

I think I might hate sharks. I wouldn't like to think I really, truly hate any animal (besides cockroaches, but they're not so much animals as they are pure evil) but yeah, I might hate sharks.

Can you imagine if someone was pregnant with twins and the woman went to give birth and the doctor was like, "Sorry lady, you just have one baby...he ate the other one on the way out." I don't know whether to laugh or vomit at the idea of that. That's the kind of sick image you've painted in my head with this post. I hope you're satisfied.

November 22, 2006 at 12:10 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

i prefer Turkey to shark meat
i saved a leg for u

HAPPY THANKSGIVING Rex and all u guys

November 23, 2006 at 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home