Monday, October 16, 2006

Ride 'em!

Ok.
So a Poker player, his Wife, four Canadian Sailors and a Russian cutie walk into a bar.
No. There is no punch line, though there was much laughter!
Just another fun adventure-filled port on this sail.
This time it was in Crete. Nice place. I had been there before.
Excellent people, great food, good nite life and cool streets to wander.
The anarchistic traffic would make even the Road Warrior pause.
Now it will be a while before we are back to land, but that is good. Even a wanderer of life like me needs some time to regroup and reload. Oh. And work. I keep forgetting about that last part.
It is these little bit longer stretches that allow the brain to flow through memories and feelings.
Of people left at home, hoping they are happy and safe and know that they are missed. Of new friends, and how important they could become. Of old friends and why they fade or shine after a time.
But mostly, of how good life can be if you let it.
There is something on the horizon.
I don’t know what.
But I am looking forward to finding out.
Hot thoughts to all!

5 Comments:

Blogger Don said...

There are those that live vicariously and there are those that just live in self isolation, and then there are those, like you, that experience life. Can't wait til your back so I can hear these stories first hand.

I know... I really should blog.


Peace my friend

October 16, 2006 at 6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got to get out and have some fun.

Life can be good, but will you let it?

I always have hot thoughts baby! ;) LOL Hope you're having some too.

October 16, 2006 at 6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sir are my hero. I have seen and experienced many strange and wonderous things in my life but never have I seen your approach. Thankfully you are one of a kind.

Blain...sailor no.2

October 17, 2006 at 4:15 AM  
Blogger Sugar said...

Hot thoughts indeed honey...xx

October 17, 2006 at 9:20 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

adventurer!
u will go to hell







i wish i cud join u

October 20, 2006 at 5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home