Friday, January 07, 2005

But Baby it's Cold Outside

The winter winds are good. The cold tests you. It keeps you clean. Or at least the illusion of cleansing. Maybe a metaphor for how some of us live life. By being cold, empty, barren and desolate our small little lives can be clean. No fluff. No mess. Never any need to sweat with the oldies and apply ice to burnt hearts. But this can lead to frostbite deep in your soul. Testing and challenging you, the cold can also leave you fooled. A person can walk for miles with frozen feet that already have died and will have to be amputated later. But as he walks, he can still enjoy the view and the fresh air, blissfully ignorant. I guess if you were going to have some ignorance, I’d prefer the bliss-loaded sort.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alekx said...

Amen at the bliss-loaded sort cuz I sure have enough problems without having to have my feet cut off from walking in the snow.
I'll just stay blissfully ignorant in my own little dream world where all the colors are pretty and the fireplace is always roaring. :-)

January 7, 2005 at 2:51 PM  
Blogger Gorgeous Girl said...

I wish we would get some snow. The snowboard is all lonely.

January 10, 2005 at 8:59 AM  
Blogger Arethusa said...

I like your analogy. I'm one of those folks who constantly worry about whether their legs are frozen or not.

January 12, 2005 at 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home