Sunday, December 05, 2004

Just Thinking

Fear has always been a part of life. For most of us, it comes and goes. I have some personal interaction with it. When I was younger, I used to be afraid all the time. Not of anything specific, but just a general background fear. And this fear didn’t really have that much affect on my day to day activities. It is like someone born with, say, only one hand. They adapt, move on and can live normally in the big old world around them. Thinking back it was like my background fear was just higher than most of those I interacted with. Like having a faster pulse rate or something. So, as I said I was able to function fine, basically unaware that I was with this fear because I didn’t know of anything different. But as I grew I could see the difference.
Jumping ahead to the now, things are so changed. The alteration might have been gradual, but again it is something that I failed to notice. It reminds me of that sad, broken hearted feeling you can have when your lover and you part. Your world is crushed. You’ll never love again. Blah blah blah. You spend nights near the phone hoping that she’ll call and days trying to figure out how to win her back. Then one day you wake up and wonder if there are any Clint Eastwood movies on the TV. Not only did you not notice the feelings change, you didn’t even get to revel in the fact that they did. Life just sort of moved on. This is the same thing with this fear. It is gone. I don’t really remember when it left. I know it was a while ago. In its place is contentment. Faith? Not so much that everything is going to be ok, as I often say, but more that even if things go to shit, that I will still be ok. Even if I fail or loose or falter. Or fear.
I had to go through the past to make the present me as I am. Like everyone does. The good, strong and loyal people I have had in my life helped guide me. I learned from their courage. I just hope they felt the better for the exchange also. You know that old saying of Nothing To Fear But Fear Itself? It ranks right up there, as truisms go.

6 Comments:

Blogger Romantic Fool said...

I can take that one of two ways, one way is very good and it leaves me hopeful, and the other.....well...not so good....very bad in fact!!!....and I guess if I knew if there were any Clint Eastwood movies on last night I would have my answer.

December 5, 2004 at 9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They day my ass looks like that I will be MORE than happy to paste pictures of it ALL over my website. But you'll have to wait, I'm still workin' on it. Got a little more junk in the trunk, so to speak!

www.gypsygirl.net

December 5, 2004 at 11:55 AM  
Blogger Purrfect said...

hey! it looks like we are thinking on the same wavelength... strrrange... ;)

December 5, 2004 at 2:06 PM  
Blogger SecretCutter said...

Fear! I have never liked fear but you know your right we were not given a spirit of fear when we were born. It's a heart issue something has to be planted before it takes root and I know I never used to have fear in my childhood. My parents wouldn't let me watch any scary movies but one day a show poped on and I freaked. It was then I felt fear after I had seen a freaky show that planted seeds on fear in my life I soon recovered and your right life does move on but unless I pray and God totally relieves me of my fear it hangs around lurking in the shadows and when I'm alone and can finally think fear creeps upon me again and it does that often until it exits from my mind by grace. Everyone feels fear it's what we do when we have it that makes all the difference. Try God out he really got rid of mine.

December 6, 2004 at 1:57 AM  
Blogger Arethusa said...

Nice post. I noticed that you commented on my blog and gg's so I decided to check yours out. :-)

December 7, 2004 at 1:29 AM  
Blogger Sydney said...

aha... Go back to the beginning and you always get the catalyst.

December 31, 2005 at 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home