Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Just Never Was




The lack of connections
Call it Un-connection, Non-Connection
It is as if what I hear called reality
With all of its little hints, codes, and colloquialisms
Is just a story someone found worth repeating.
Damn similarly imaginative Ape-Childs
All howling as told to, to that which we were shown
To fear and hate and love and want.
It is like noticing something you now remember
Seeing all the time
Last night, between dreams and thinking, I visited
That thin preserve of true wonderment
I could see through what was told to be real
There was nothing behind it.
Not in a bad way. Not in any way.
I reached out, thru all my pasts
Every etched touch.
Seeing if any held true. Not a one.
Each easy to release.
No. That’s not right. Not release.
There was instead really, again,
Nothing.


10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

which one is u ?

Jim

April 29, 2008 at 9:09 PM  
Blogger Rex Venom said...

Saby!
The pics are from the movie Wristcutters. Excellent. And, if I was going to Be one of the characters, I'd like to be Tom Waits, but he isn't in these photos, so that might be cheating.
Meah.
Rock on!

April 29, 2008 at 9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there is never 'nothing'

rock on sexy

April 29, 2008 at 10:25 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

**I reached out, thru all my pasts
Every etched touch.
Seeing if any held true. Not a one.


how come? thats sad.

Keshi.

April 29, 2008 at 10:41 PM  
Blogger Mizrepresent said...

Dayum, there has got to be something...nothing???really???

April 29, 2008 at 11:00 PM  
Blogger {illyria} said...

your words are cloaked in just enough mystery to keep people coming back for more. i know that nothing. it's mine, too.

this moves me.

April 30, 2008 at 4:01 AM  
Blogger ozymandiaz said...

I wonder who decided thos story was worth telling ;-P
I do so love that thin preserve of true wonderment
Ah, the inexorable nothing. Vexor of the mind.
thanks for the inspiration

April 30, 2008 at 8:30 AM  
Blogger Pallav said...

nothing really. you had a big secret there man, it is all about nothing in the end eh? what else can it be!

N

April 30, 2008 at 3:51 PM  
Blogger Babz Rawls Ivy said...

There is no such thing as nothing...even nothing IS something.

Very interesting and thought provoking but not on the surface, more underneath like discernment or meditatively.

You Rocked me, Baby!

April 30, 2008 at 8:15 PM  
Blogger MoonBunny said...

"Every etched touch..."

I can't get enough. I feed off it.
Delicious
burp-

excuse me

"Double Down and Rock On!"

May 25, 2008 at 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home