Sunday, August 21, 2005

Happy Calm

I had some time away, to think and feel and play.
Before I felt a bit out of sorts, making trouble for my soul without it being needed.
I had some cool little thoughts of hungry cars waiting at night-cloaked traffic lights,
Thoughts of cute little pieces of meet thinking they were playing a game instead of just being a toy, and of flashy moments in a closed used car sales lot, when the show is over and just the streamers remain.
But then I hit the road, and made new thoughts. Happier. Cleaner.
Sure, things were not all roses and wet folds, but I feel better than I have in a while.
Maybe it was the smiles. Maybe it was the miles.
Jumping off the heights and feeling the timelessness of honest fun loving fear.
The Vroom Vrooming and the bumps.
But the mean streak has also taken a vacation.
So all is good.

6 Comments:

Blogger Cooper said...

Sounds like some nice time off.
Mean streaks need vacations every so often it puts them in their place.

August 22, 2005 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger Phukofku Gale said...

Rex,

Nice piece. I wish I was having a break like that. My own venom has been a little pronounced of late. good to see you back.

-Chrome*

August 24, 2005 at 9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's just grand....insight is the best vision to have afterall.

August 26, 2005 at 11:45 PM  
Blogger De.vile said...

The glass always gives you the option to view it as you want to.

August 30, 2005 at 8:38 AM  
Blogger {illyria} said...

capital! that sounded like some wonderful time off.

August 31, 2005 at 4:08 AM  
Blogger Mz. Pig said...

the road always is happy!

September 2, 2005 at 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home