Monday, April 17, 2006

Smiles in the Dark.

How do I put this?
Basically, the importance of things change so vastly
So fully,
That it seems impossible that the original emotions
Or lack there of,
Could really have been.
But also,
And this is the part that tickles my brain,
Is that it was always known that it would be so.
Even as I pined for Love Lost,
I knew the time would come
When I just didn’t care anymore.
But it is still a nice surprise,
The freedom.
Add to that the Weird way life
Can throw some unexpected happiness
Some very needed closeness
Into your life
And it can make you feel sort of Wild.
Sort of Invincible.
I can smell the sunshine coming.
What an interesting summer this will be.

9 Comments:

Blogger ozymandiaz said...

Sounds like healing to me. We know we will get better (usually) yet we are so relieved when it happens.

April 17, 2006 at 1:40 PM  
Blogger Don said...

Kahlil Gibran wrote
"Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."

April 17, 2006 at 2:44 PM  
Blogger Sugar said...

Sounds like you found 'the sunshine after the rain' my love ..Rock on !

April 17, 2006 at 2:49 PM  
Blogger Megs said...

Even as I pined for Love Lost,
I knew the time would come
When I just didn’t care anymore.


too true my friend too true

April 17, 2006 at 5:39 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

summer kisses
winter tears



just bcoz love wont last forever
dont mean u dont love at all

April 17, 2006 at 5:47 PM  
Blogger De.vile said...

Its one of those rejoice-heres-the-sun kind of days isnt it? Lovely.

April 18, 2006 at 10:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"Basically, the importance of things change so vastly
So fully,
That it seems impossible that the original emotions
Or lack there of,
Could really have been."

Perfectly put dear Rex, on a slightly different tangent, I sometimes look back on things I've done, especially those related to love and thought to myself "Was I insane at the time?"

Mwah,
Ell

April 20, 2006 at 10:35 PM  
Blogger linda_tjo4 said...

Ell,"I sometimes look back on things I've done, especially those related to love and thought to myself "Was I insane at the time?"

yupe yupe.. agreed..

April 22, 2006 at 2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you knew you would eventually stop caring, why did you love at all...?

April 22, 2006 at 11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home