Monday, May 30, 2005

Johnny Thundercock

Overcooked hopes have a way of lasting.
Fingers pointing to the wrong still reach.
There seems to be no obvious reason.
Try looking out of the side of your eye.
Big steps fail to move the future.
Little steps let you enjoy the now.
Tears.
Smiles.
Cares.
Desires.
Hey. Even sharks get picky.
As the stars shine down.
Becoming the flow and letting it go.
I could tell you stories of easy fun.
Of icky things and wrongs well done.
Gripping needs and empty skin.
Used forgotten bits of sin.
Their eyes wide open and seeing it all.
Their minds closed off. Dreaming to fall.
I wonder how they thought they could.
I still wonder why they willingly would.
I still fail to know what I should.
And I can’t let it all just go.
But trust me.
I do care a bit.
And that is like cold gold.

5 Comments:

Blogger {illyria} said...

excellent. like a rock song on the radio.

May 30, 2005 at 9:17 PM  
Blogger Sugar said...

aha.....I knew it! Under all that bravado your a real softie *smiles*

May 31, 2005 at 4:04 AM  
Blogger kitten said...

H.O.T. Rex..jus like the man himself...

May 31, 2005 at 12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this line: Overcooked hopes have a way of lasting.

How sad, but how true.

June 5, 2005 at 4:38 AM  
Blogger Tiger said...

...& speaking of rocking on... *smirk* I've got the soundtrack for seasons one & two of The L Word grooving 'round in the background & the way my headache is brewing...
reading you makes me feel slip-slidey...

June 7, 2005 at 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home