Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Night Breeze

I was thinking hard last night as I dreamt. The scenes were vivid and somewhat troubling, yet it was an enjoyable experience because of the realness mixed with the strangeness.
When I was awoken by a phone call, I was wet with cold sweat and sluggish to realize that the dream had passed.
So many things can keep you awake if you let them. But not as many thoughts can really keep you asleep.
Dirt encrusted sheared sheep sickly bounding an electric fence, every third or fourth getting a jolt and now and then one getting caught up, baying as it sizzles and blisters.
Some of the worse information is still enjoyed if you can feel the honesty in it.
And to ponder the destruction of fake obstacles might seem a wasted exercise, but it spans the void between doubt and fear.
So much for silent freedom and spatial elegance.
In the end, we all just dance for a bit, swinging our arms, and then sort of fumble away.

6 Comments:

Blogger BM, The Necessary Movement said...

That is exactly why I can’t sleep at night. Insomnia gets the best of me. Once I wake with no simple thought the snowball affect begins. Tumble tumble tumble it gains speed and mass. My thoughts multiply like bunnies. Humping like crazy and spawning more like the red penny theory. 1+1=2 then double the 2 to 4 then 4 becomes 8 and so on and so forth. I can’t sleep because I am vulnerable to my thoughts. I can control them ok when I am awake but at night, unconscious, I lay victim because I am incoherent of what is happening!!

I have to say I FRIGGGGGGIN LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 22, 2005 at 11:39 AM  
Blogger Tiger said...

"silent freedom and spatial elegance."

...that's got a sweet rhythm. I could dance to it, or perhaps to the "idea" of it...
;)

March 22, 2005 at 4:08 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

thoughts are exciting and fun
but the body and mind need sleep too

sleep deprivation will take its toll one day

u gotta calm yr mind
and sleep

i tink good sex
results in good sleep

March 22, 2005 at 7:55 PM  
Blogger chk said...

creepy sheepy.

i hate knowing that we dream things for a reason, but not knowing the reason that we dream.

March 22, 2005 at 10:15 PM  
Blogger De.vile said...

u asy u dont like it, every morning when u still cant sleep and cant lift ur head and look at something u still say u hate. but hell, i cant stop loving it. it stays around all thru ur life doesnt it? well. dunno if thats insomnia which i have but i dream thru the 3 hours or something that i find sleep. something bout being dead on the floor for 2 days and my breath waiting outside till someone comes an finds me. somehow its scary an beautiful at the same time.

March 23, 2005 at 12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dreams plague me and inspire me and scare me and wow me and all these other things all at the same time. This really describes how I've felt at times.

March 23, 2005 at 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home