Saturday, June 09, 2012

Forgotten Rebels - I Think of Her (Thinking of You)


(The sharp hitting first encounter)
Every time I think of her, I close my eyes.
She was a velvet doll, she was a punk rocker.
When I walked off stage I fell in love with her.
I stared at her from across the bar
- I want her near to me.
So close and dear to me.
Later that night she asked me home, so I
took her home where we were all
alone.


(Then the play, the touch, the experience)
I think of her, when she's not around.
I think of her, when she's in the underground.
I think of her, when she's not in town.
I think of her.


(Then the real contact with the guarded self)
I held her tight as she clutched my hand.
Can you understand? I gotta be her man.
She became special to me just in a night.
You see the dreams we have, the dreams we shared.
The for awhile, for about a week we
played a silly adult game of hide and seek.
But now I gotta have that girl to
be with me forever. Baby!


(Finally, really knowing and really being)
I think of her, when she's not around.
I think of her, when she's in the underground.
I think of her, when she's not in town.
I think of her.






4 Comments:

Blogger Jae Rose said...

At times..thinking can be as good as having..maybe it lasts longer..the repetition is like a chant..a chorus..wishing her into being..jae

June 10, 2012 at 6:53 AM  
Blogger Cheeky Minx said...

Oh, the thoughts that certain someone can weave.

Beautiful...

June 11, 2012 at 6:58 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

This made me cry. :-)

I know exactly how you feel. :-)

(Read my latest post...)

Oh I wish us both luck, love and happiness!!!

July 6, 2012 at 5:59 PM  
Blogger Rex Venom said...

Love. We all seem to hunt and seek, and then we chance the sharp slice. But damn if it ain't worth it all when it works, right?

Rock on!

July 15, 2012 at 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home