Saturday, March 14, 2009

Light Steps




Is this all the dreams talked about?
Will the steps get smoother?
All that I see has some hint towards an inevitable 
End 
I see people once friends, now evil towards each other
With others, little and pure, paying the price
I see some that had made a life together
Suddenly not together
I feel the hands and arms that held close
So long ago now
Slipping away. Their teachings and guidance
Hard to remember but needed.
There is so much out there, in The World 
That is anger and madness
Why do we make more with the ones close?
It seems that is the way of things

Take and hurt. To hit back


Well fuck that.
I am out of anger and hate and I have stepped away from
The edge. The view never what it was sold as.
Now it is an embrace of what is inside
Acknowledge strengths and passions
Things could have been better
Lives could have been easier
Days could have been sweeter
But this is life. It never was meant to be a pass.
I couldn’t ask for more.

Step smooth with me.


7 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy said...

what u saying?
u want more from a woman?

March 14, 2009 at 12:11 PM  
Blogger Pallav said...

The piccies on the blog make me want to get fitter.

the idea in the poem is brilliant, but in life it is very difficult to come to terms with the fucked-upness of things.

N

March 14, 2009 at 2:02 PM  
Blogger Helena said...

Nice pics and interesting thoughts. I've been trying to maintain a positive attitude myself lately despite all the horrible things happening around us. But if things go wrong in your own life it's hard to see the positive side of anything.

PS. How do you like my penis art? You told me to get art back into my life so I did. ;-)

March 14, 2009 at 2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the poem is great!! love it :)

March 15, 2009 at 12:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this lovely.
you are lovely.
and right on man.

March 15, 2009 at 9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is...
i cant stand typos

March 15, 2009 at 10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its hard to look for silver linings when the clouds are too polluted to get near enough to dig.

March 17, 2009 at 12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home