Saturday, January 17, 2009

Special Tides

There is much that I have lately been touched by.
My world had both grown larger, and come more sharp.
Seeing truths that I had before but guessed.
Strange how normal and near expected the changes of life,
Once their mantel worn, does ride.

Of foremost matter is the nearness of something More in regards to Little Beauty
Things as the are cannot be abided.  
Wishing and trying to make things better as a civil choice has failed.
Some would say me a fool to had tried. I had to. No more.
I have been wrong in my past. I know I can be testing.
Of late I have been misjudged. Sharply so.
I know that the one doing the insulting and the petty, though passionate, 
Self deluding
Knows this too. Knows the unfairness. The overblown quality of the cries.
For as sure as I have been wrong, I am now in right.
It can be saddening to think of such childish silliness to somehow be thought 
To pass as sane and responsible discourse.
It can be uncomfortable to have lies be propped up to be taken as truth.
Under it all though is something more important and bright than
Sadness or Discomfort.
There is Hope. And a glimpse of something magical to come.
So with good friends and belief in a better future, I easily smile
Letting the filth of panic words rattle in their smallness.
Maybe after the changes have come, they will be again at least calm.

That being the worthy challenge, there has also been rejuvenation.
While away I had taken a break from my favored of Flows.
Now, with long time collaborators, we have reawaked this our art.
To tell truth, all the ladies whose smiles I have enjoyed, 
All the twisted tipsy wonderments I have brushed
Even the strange skies I have seen
Take nothing away from my first passion, 
The Creating and the Telling. The simple and fun filled Sharing.
Just the newness of all the well known parts once added together.
Speaks as if an epiphany  
Making sense of these challenging times

It is that sense of something good, around, ahead, that most fills me.
Positive mindset and the ability to move forward have been mine
This seems like a paradigm shift. Where the hoped becomes the lived.
Everything is better. I know, I know. Here we go again with the 
‘It’s all good, baby!’
But it is. Not in a way of dreams. No.
Getting up and heading out in the cold morn to work feels like an adventure.
Having the simple pleasure of free thoughts and learning is a gift.
And facing entrenched ignorance a calling to stance, easy endured 
For it allows things to change to as they must be.

All this and I still get to blog as an excuse to post cuties!
Lastly, a small note:
When I am assailed with correspondence filled with rudeness and reaching spite, 
Do you know what upsets me the most?
The poor grammar and improper spelling!  
The peace that comes with not rising to every barb is all encompassing.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen brother, amen.

January 18, 2009 at 11:50 AM  
Blogger unee said...

Change - sometimes, is like a cycle. You could change to be same person you were 2,3,5,10 years ago. With the bits and pieces that you've probably, long forgotten.
Or,maybe that just goes for me.

January 18, 2009 at 12:58 PM  
Blogger ~*Jobthingy*~ said...

we all have our bumps. coming out of them so gloriously is always the best part

January 18, 2009 at 2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new vibe, is in the air. It's electric. Stick out your tongue, and taste it! 2009.

January 18, 2009 at 5:11 PM  
Blogger {illyria} said...

you have something great to give. keep on sharing.

January 19, 2009 at 12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock on Sexy Rexy!

January 19, 2009 at 7:42 AM  
Blogger rage said...

Great pictures and great words!

January 19, 2009 at 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home