Tuesday, November 06, 2007

New from Old


Beauty.
It doesn’t fade, it can’t leave.
It always tears. Burns.
Swollen built up torn requiem-esque
Crumbled and burnt bits of lost hearted
Faded knowledge poetry failing
To encompass the little things and
All that jazz.
That beat. I hear it and feel it.
That tickle, that dare.
Fun is just right there.
All its special oblivion.
With its comforting indifference.
I found out that I am not as smart
As I thought I was.
I am not as lucky
Or as fortunate
Or even as Cool.
And that is fine.
That is good.
As long as it is real.
I just want to see reality.
Breaking like a sunset.
And try to smile at those I love.
While forgetting the things
Which never really
Mattered.
Now, if you will excuse me,
I think I have some pressing matters
At hand.
I have to welcome the Future.
Congratulations, sexy.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i got a crook in my neck
looking at this girl

November 6, 2007 at 10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where u been REX?
and with who?

November 6, 2007 at 10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful words as always.

welcome the future.....yes. The future holds so many possibilities. I wish I could see into the future. I know how I want mine to turn out! Now I just need to make it happen!

RoCk On SeXy!

November 6, 2007 at 10:24 PM  
Blogger {illyria} said...

this makes me feel a whole lot of things, sorta like the feeling of "hey, you, i'm doing good here, too, even if you don't see it."

does that make any sense?

i tried logging on with the username and passwordi gave you, love, but it works for me. i'm sooo upset.

November 6, 2007 at 10:47 PM  
Blogger Phoenix said...

beautiful words.. specially the "i have to welcome future' bit...really its nice!we often dwell in our past and make our present bad..and when our present changes to past and the future becomes present its then the realization dawns...its too late...

November 6, 2007 at 10:58 PM  
Blogger little things said...

I sure needed to read this today....thank you....

November 7, 2007 at 9:38 AM  
Blogger Samantha_K said...

Actually I found that I am as cool as I thought I was...cooler even.

Sorry. I have a problem with taking things seriously.

More lovely words, dear Rex. A delight as always.

November 7, 2007 at 12:42 PM  
Blogger RedFridayGirl said...

Sometimes when reality about our lives hit us in the face we see the future and our heart in a different light. Sometimes change, surprises and realization of things in our lives shape us into better people.

November 7, 2007 at 8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home