Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Mental Escrima for the Masses



“Let us grab the world by the throat and make it give us what we desire,”
-Valeria

Lots of thoughts have passed this way by.
Wandered again the lands once mine.
Now broken.
As if little thefts of pride,
Or courtesy
Have brought somewhat down
That which I had believed eternal.
Sadness and dismay touched me.
With them being new guests
I shuddered at their fresh scent
In following these gears, turning, to seek the impetus
I also wronged one who might have been dear
Add it to the heap of regrets and Shouldas.
Tall pile. Warning of collapse. Let it.
I have new visions now, guiding me to near
Fever.
Something new comes. Will I be ready?
No. But worthy? Maybe. Just maybe.
Even if this were not the set of events I would have wished.
This is the Now that is upon me.
I will make it thru, as I always do, by choice.
Thankfully knowing that those who have been there for me
In the past
Both far and the needed recent
Will be there still.
I must make sure that I do my part
In all deals and wagers.
Thanking those I owe
Showing me that there is more
And taking what I need.

5 Comments:

Blogger RedFridayGirl said...

Rex - it has been ages since your last post. I hope you had a nice time away a chance to collect your thoughts.

Life isn't always what we expect or hope, though everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the "goes around comes around" saying bites us hard, but we get up brush off and start over again maybe with a little more knowledge and feelings toward others. The acknowledgement and thank U's go a long way.

Best of luck with your search for what you need and want

August 14, 2007 at 3:30 PM  
Blogger De.vile said...

Worth the wait, I must say.

August 16, 2007 at 11:11 AM  
Blogger Jenny! said...

That girl is just asking ot be grabbed by the neck!

August 16, 2007 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger {illyria} said...

her breasts are beautiful. okay, her breast. the one i see.

August 17, 2007 at 7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck with your search for what you need and want


and when u find it
share

August 17, 2007 at 11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home