Sunday, March 04, 2007

Wake Up


Butting heads with coughs and fevers.
How freeing it is to wallow in those dreaded visions.

Night thoughts and missed chances,
All away and at bay
With only a heat filled blanket to mark the border
Between the callers and the called
The flesh seems to take a vacation.
Seems to be someplace else.
Leaving only the churning.
The gurgling.
The mix.
Now that the fog is lifting
And the hunger and lusting
Have returned
Waking the skin to crawl and feast.
Wondering if it might have been sweeter
To have stayed in those rare dreams.

5 Comments:

Blogger Keshi said...

**Now that the fog is lifting
And the hunger and lusting
Have returned


lets wrestle with Keshi n Jlo ;-)

Keshi.

March 4, 2007 at 7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dreams are great. I wish I could stay in my dreams all the time. So much better than my reality!

March 4, 2007 at 7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dreamz do come true sometimes

- Paolo Coelho

March 4, 2007 at 8:20 PM  
Blogger Margie said...

Hey
Thanks for the visit to my blog!
I like your poem here!
Good one!

March 4, 2007 at 9:59 PM  
Blogger yofed said...

Rough weekend, I heard! :)

March 5, 2007 at 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home