Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Ta Ta


This is about a woman.
Not just any woman. Oh No!
A special one. Or at least that is how the story goes…
I first heard tell of her adventures a while back, I reckon.
And like any man when encountering such stories I was intrigued.
There was lustful action, tender admissions, and genuine humor.
So I spent some time, wandering from one tale to another,
Trying to get the full picture of this phantom like lady.
I tracked down hints.
There was a time when I caught a glimpse of her eyes, only to have the rest
Disappear.
Her lips would hiss in my minds ear, maybe in passing, and when I really looked,
There was nothing else.
Like some sultry ghost, she teased me as she had others with half-truths
With just enough to make you want more.
And that was really the start of it all.
The wanting.
Looking back, I should have sensed the warnings. But I didn’t.
Never do.
It might have been worse if I had, and shied away for lack of dare,
Only to be besieged by the missed possibilities.
So, I did trudge on. I traveled and I tracked.
And eventually, I found her.
Real. In the flesh.
But that was a while ago, and it wasn’t enough.
So now again I live with shadows and I listen
To what sounds like laughter
From across a great distance.
And I think, when alone, of hot moments
When I might not be so.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She sounds very special, don't let her go the special ones are hard to find. And the real special ones are worth waiting and fighting for.

Rock on sexy rexy

February 20, 2007 at 10:13 PM  
Blogger Jewel Rays said...

i love every single expression of that poem. And somehow its rings a bell at times.*smiles*

March 6, 2007 at 5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home