Sunday, September 10, 2006

25 Minutes To Go by Johnny Cash

Well they're building a gallows outside my cell I've got 25 minutes to go
And the whole town's waitin' just to hear me yell I've got 24 minutes to go
Well they gave me some beans for my last meal I've got 23 minutes to go
But nobody asked me how I feel I've got 22 minutes to go
Well I sent for the governor and the whole dern bunch with 21 minutes to go
And I sent for the mayor but he's out to lunch I've got 20 more minutes to go
Then the sheriff said boy I gonna watch you die got 19 minutes to go
So I laughed in his face and I spit in his eye got 18 minutes to go
Now hear comes the preacher for to save my soul with 13 minutes to go
And he's talking bout' burnin' but I'm so cold I've 12 more minutes to go
Now they're testin' the trap and it chills my spine 11 more minutes to go
And the trap and the rope aw they work just fine got 10 more minutes to go
Well I'm waitin' on the pardon that'll set me free with 9 more minutes to go
But this is for real so forget about me got 8 more minutes to go
With my feet on the trap and my head on the noose got 5 more minutes to go
Won't somebody come and cut me loose with 4 more minutes to go
I can see the mountains I can see the skies with 3 more minutes to go
And it's to dern pretty for a man that don't wanna die 2 more minutes to go
I can see the buzzards I can hear the crows 1 more minute to go
And now I'm swingin' and here I go-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o!

12 Comments:

Blogger Don said...

Rex..... Are you saying that your hung?

September 10, 2006 at 8:44 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

this is so sad. Reminded me of all the death-row prisoners.

Keshi.

September 11, 2006 at 2:09 AM  
Blogger Jewel Rays said...

As i read each word my heart just thudded more and more..And when i read the last line i felt a mild shock grip my heart and it makes me wonder what would i do if i had only 25 minutes more to live without any way to escape or any where to run. no choice but to die. Freaks me out.

But i also wonder what is ya reason behind this lines. What is this associating with right now? And what is story that lies beneath this whole minutes that passed? Curiosity arised.

WEll written i must say..with lots of emotion in display.

cheers! You gripped my heart with this lines.

September 11, 2006 at 4:09 AM  
Blogger linda_tjo4 said...

lesson to learn: live through days like it's your last. agreed?
luv ya rex!
rock on!!

September 12, 2006 at 10:58 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Heyyy Rex
dont go soo soon

visit my frontpage now
i guarantee u

u will come
u will love STARBENDER

she is Karen

September 12, 2006 at 7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder what you actually think of in that last second before you die.

September 13, 2006 at 12:44 PM  
Blogger De.vile said...

Infinite momments. Makes me guilty I slept a whole day.

September 17, 2006 at 12:52 PM  
Blogger Ticharu said...

Cash could do that sort of song so well. He could make anything sound morbid and twisted. What a master.

September 17, 2006 at 9:36 PM  
Blogger Don said...

No rex Blog... Rexus Minimus. Shitious Maximous.

September 18, 2006 at 10:48 AM  
Blogger Jewel Rays said...

Looking forward to ya return and new posts. :)

Cheers!

September 22, 2006 at 1:58 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

BINGO !
the old maN IS BACKK

October 8, 2006 at 7:23 AM  
Blogger Scott in Washington said...

I love Johnny, and that's one of his good ones. Hell, they're all good!

October 9, 2006 at 12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home