Friday, December 30, 2005

Precipice

Sad little moments bring forth such pathetic drips of drama.
I seek the base for my displeasure.
Is it only that I have to try?
Or is it that I have to compete for importance with the unreal?
Soon, it would have been a year.
Now, it could have been forever.
Lost time, lost thoughts.
No way to get those costs back.
Was, as they say, the Juice worth the Squeeze?
This is a difficult query.
I can remember the light, shining from loving eyes.
And I can remember the contentment.
The peace.
The Faith.
Memories now mocking in the face of childish arguments.
Hurtful slashes of tongues and indifference.
The worst cold is the one following the searing heat.
To know that this is dying or dead.
Feeling the void in solitude lined bed.
You want to know the very bottom trouble?
That I know I will be just fine.
That I know I will forget.
That I know already.
All along.

5 Comments:

Blogger DeeM said...

The opening line. Awesome. The quickest shortest moments cause never ending hurt.
I am on this page with ya.
Keep rockin' on, Rex.

December 30, 2005 at 2:24 PM  
Blogger Sugar said...

'That I know I will be just fine'
Here's hopeing sweetheart.
Happy New Year Rex Honey xx

January 1, 2006 at 4:43 AM  
Blogger MZPEACH said...

Beautiful Rex. You are a very special being.

January 3, 2006 at 4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've said it before and I will say it again. I absolutely LOVE your writing!! I can totally relate to what you write too.

Beautiful! I sooo love your site.

Rock on baby! Oh and your comment on my site about the lips, those pics are just for you hun. ;)

January 3, 2006 at 9:00 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

Nice rex.

January 9, 2006 at 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home