Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Sneaky Little Fucker

Our actions produce results. And the scales never really balance.
I have always been aware of the malleable quality of the world.
Of lives, thoughts, feelings and hopes.
But it is still surprising when something once thought a positive becomes a negative.
When the Good goes Bad. And never mind the Ugly.
It is like standing on shifting shards of glass. Edgy. Slick.
And the blood just under the skin, straining to wash around your feet.
Wash away.
Wash clean.
Wash the sins and the dread and the wishes of an old life.
Out to sea. Out to dreams. Just away.
There is beauty. And there is feeling.
But so disturbing is this possibility of unforeseen alteration of allegiance that even the most heart strong interaction can be tainted with hesitance.
If you let it be so!
The trick is to know. To let the dull fade and the rotten fall.
Embrace fully. There might be some doubt, but never act out of fear.
Daringness and faith, combined with ability and honesty.
Like Mr. Gaunt said, ‘Trust those you trust’.
And besides, life has been very good lately.
A little rain never hurt anyone.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sugar said...

Hmmm ..deep, thought provoking stuff Rex and there's me thinkin i was coming here for pics of naked ladies ...tee hee xx

February 15, 2005 at 6:10 PM  
Blogger Sugar said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

February 15, 2005 at 6:10 PM  
Blogger Ĵōÿ said...

Wow I really enjoyed this writing Rex. I think Im just now getting to the point in my life of accepting a little rain from time to time.

Amazing how you made the hardcore truth seem/sound easier to accept. Thats a real talent. Dr. Phil wishes he could say something this smooth, fluid and acceptable.

February 15, 2005 at 11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The whole time I was reading this poem, I keep copying different lines because I was going to paste that line in here and say, "Wow - this line is a my favorite." Only when I got to the end I realized I like the whole thing. Human natures sucks, but we can weather rain... I needed to hear that today.

February 17, 2005 at 11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

February 17, 2005 at 11:25 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

you have a very interesting way of looking into things. I was first introducted to your blog when you left a comment on a friend of mine's blog several months ago, and have been coming back to see what your creative mind comes up with. Keep up the good work and I look forward to your future posts.

February 18, 2005 at 4:10 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Heyy Rex
u really rock !
(am trying to learn the lingo of dis gen)

i like the stuff u rite though i dont understand much ... i belong to the 60's gen of the beatles and bob dylan and jimi hendrix and wood stock and jon travolta and saturday nite fevers ..

February 20, 2005 at 10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home